Tonawanda Housing Authority Newsletters
City of Tonawanda Newsletters
General Resident Info
- As a result of the Tenant Rep election on July 22, 2021, the following individuals were elected to a 2 year term on the Board, beginning August 2021 – Lisa Salgot 252E Gibson Street and Lynn Krzeminski 426 Gibson Street (B Building)
- Resident Notification – Tonawanda Housing Authority apartments and property are smoke-free. For resources to help you quit smoking, please visit smokefreehousingny.org or nysmokefree.com
- Rent is due the 1st of each month. Rent is considered late, and will be assessed a Late Fee, after 4:00pm on the 5th day of the month even if the 5th falls on a weekend. We do not accept cash. Payment must be made by check or money order only.
- There is a night drop box outside the Office for your convenience.
- Recycling Info – Follow 2021 recycle calendar – Hinds Street RED weeks, Gibson Street BLUE weeks.
- Annual Recertification / Continued Occupancy documents will be sent out in March 2021 for non-taxed income Tenants and JULY 2021 for Tenants who file State and Federal taxes.
- 2021 Grass Cutting Operations – Please be aware of our grass cutting operations. Please leave the area, move inside, while we cut grass in your area.
- Pools are NOT allowed.
- Parking regulations and enforcement. Please be courteous to others and park only in your assigned parking spot. Visitors should be directed to the Visitors Parking spaces, or, park on the street April 1 – October 1. THA works closely with the City of Tonawanda Police to insure compliance to our Parking Rules and Regulations. THA reserves the right to tow unauthorized vehicles at the vehicle owners expense. Your vehicle MUST be registered with THA AND have a valid parking tag. Make sure you acquire a new yellow THA Parking Tag as the old red tags are now invalid. A lost tag fee of $5.00 applies to the new tag if you lose it. As of November 1, 2018 please follow the new Visitor Parking Permit process. Permits and instructions are available in the THA vestibule 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Without a proper permit you could receive a parking ticket from the City of Tonawanda Police.