Tonawanda Housing Authority Newsletters
City of Tonawanda Newsletters
General Resident Info
- RESIDENT MANUAL
- Resident Notification – THA is implementing a change to the monthly water charge effective January 1, 2023. Contact the office for details, and, check your mailbox for a letter with specific details to the change in water rates.
- Tonawanda Housing Authority apartments and property are smoke-free. For resources to help you quit smoking, please visit smokefreehousingny.org or nysmokefree.com
- Rent is due the 1st of each month. Rent is considered late, and will be assessed a Late Fee, after 4:00pm on the 5th day of the month even if the 5th falls on a weekend. We do not accept cash. Payment must be made by check or money order only.
- There is a night drop box outside the Office for your convenience.
- Recycling Info – Follow the recycling calendar – Hinds Street RED weeks, Gibson Street BLUE weeks.
- Annual Recertification / Continued Occupancy documents will be sent out in March 2023 for non-taxed income Tenants and JULY 2023 for Tenants who file State and Federal taxes.
- 2022 / 2023 Snow Plow Operations – Please be aware of our snow plowing operations. THA will be using the Text Alert Notification to inform Tenants when we are plowing and to move your vehicles from the parking lots while we are plowing. If you are not subscribed to the Text Alert System, call the Office for more details.
- Tenants are responsible for removing snow from the porch and approach sidewalk leading to your porch.
- Parking regulations and enforcement. Please be courteous to others and park only in your assigned parking spot. Visitors should be directed to the Visitors Parking spaces, or, park on the street April 1 – October 1. THA works closely with the City of Tonawanda Police to insure compliance to our Parking Rules and Regulations. THA reserves the right to tow unauthorized vehicles at the vehicle owners expense. Your vehicle MUST be registered with THA AND have a valid parking tag. Make sure you acquire a yellow permanent THA Parking Tag as the old red tags are now invalid. There is a lost tag fee of $5.00. As of November 1, 2018 please follow the new Visitor Parking Permit process. Permits and instructions are available in the THA vestibule 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Without a proper permit you could receive a parking ticket from the City of Tonawanda Police.